Your Service Category: Inpatient Unit
Palliative Care Service at Columbia University Medical Center/ NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
The Columbia University Medical Center/NewYork-Presbyterian Palliative Care Service offers patients relief from the pain, symptoms, and stress of a serious illness, like cancer, heart failure, ALS, and other chronic and debilitating conditions. Our team of doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, and chaplains are dedicated to individualizing support and assuring that the patients’ treatments are in accord with their values and health care goals. Our team collaborates with the patient’s primary doctor and other specialists to provide an extra layer of support. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family.
- Staffed by two physicians, a nurse practitioner, social worker, and practice nurse, we provide services to Herbert Irving Cancer Center.
- We manage cancer patients’ pain, symptoms, coping, and overall assist with providing an extra layer of support to patients and families.
- Dr. Hamza Habib, provides both pharmacologic and interventional pain procedures for cancer related pain syndromes.
- Lindsey Wright, a nurse practioner.
- We also have a part-time chaplain intern in our ambulatory clinic that helps provide spiritual support and training in meditation and mindfulness.
- Our interdisciplinary team helps coordinate care and supportive services, including rehab medicine, acupuncture, yoga, and other modalities to alleviate pain and other symptoms and help improve functioning.
Outpatient Palliative Care in our Ambulatory Care Network
- This ambulatory palliative care team is made up of a physician, nurse practitioner, social worker and care coordinator to provide specialist level palliative care to primary care patients with Medicaid.
- In addition, we are piloting a generalist level training program in palliative care for primary care physicians.
Hospital Consult Services
- Each inpatient consult team includes a full time physician, nurse practitioner and social worker, as well as a part-time dedicated chaplain to provide spiritual care.
- 3 teams provide expert level palliative care services to critically ill patients and their families.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.